We Compare You Save
Call 01384 883009 for a FREE quote
or click 'HERE'
Why Use L.P.G. Compare?
Saving YOU money is our speciality, we are completely independent and hold NO affiliation to any L.P.G. supplier.
We have industry knowledge, combined with expert market intelligence to provide you with the most suitable cost reductions.
We aim to obtain the best deals available for the following reasons:
- With all of our expertise and experience within the L.P.G. industry and being aware of all
- pricing and contractual practices, we aim to negotiate the best deal possible
- We know which suppliers specialise in your type of requirement
- We aim to obtain the best deals due to the volume of business we give suppliers
General Facts on LPG
What is LPG or LP Gas?
Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), is the generic name for propane and butane gas. They are both a mixture of hydrocarbon gases used as a fuel in heating appliances and vehicles.
Why is it called Liquefied Petroleum Gas?
This is because these gases liquefy under moderate pressure and they readily vaporize upon release of pressure. At normal temperatures and pressures, LPG will evaporate. Because of this, LPG is stored in steel tanks. In order to allow for thermal expansion of the liquid gas, these tanks are filled between 80% and 85% of their capacity.
Where does LPG come from?
LPG is manufactured during the refining of crude oil, or extracted from oil or gas streams as they emerge from the ground. There are several terminals situated around the coast of the UK. LPG is either delivered by sea tanker or piped in from offshore gas fields.
What are the advantages of LPG over Oil?
- Although oil burns slightly more efficiently than LPG due to the higher initial capital costs of the system it would take up to 7 years before the initial investment paid for itself.
- Oil has traditionally been a cheaper fuel than LPG but volatility within the market over the past few years has pushed the price above that of LPG in many areas.
- LPG burns cleanly and requires minimal maintenance compared to an oil system.
- LPG is highly versatile and allows for gas cooking and flame effect fires, preferred by most new home buyers. Remember, owners of oil systems have to factor in high running costs for cookers and fires using electricity.
- LPG is more environmentally friendly with lower carbon emissions. Oil emits 13.2% more CO2 than LPG and also emits more SO2 and particulate matter, especially if the boiler is not regularly serviced. There is also growing concern relating to rural ground and watercourse pollution resulting from oil leaks.
All Prices Quoted Are Correct At The Time Of Quoting And Exclusive Of VAT
LPG Compare Can Not And Will Not Be Held Responsible For Any Future Price Increases
Any Account Queries Must Be Dealt Directly With Your Supplier